Sunday, March 30, 2014

Getting Wedding Ready with P90X

As I write this, all the muscles in my body are crying.

I just finished day 3 of P90X and my body is feeling it.

I don't need to lose weight for my wedding, but I want some more toned arms to show off in my strapless dress. I've heard a lot of good things about P90X and it's results (I won't get through all 90 days before the wedding, but I'll get through enough). I figured it would be a good way to tone everything before I put on the dress and then embark on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean.

(I also don't want to gain weight either, as my dress has already been altered!)

I thought this workout was going to be something I was going to hate, but I misjudged it. Yes, it is hard. It uses muscles that I don't normally use. The cardio made me drip sweat, even in my cold basement. After the first day I was barely able to lift my arms, and I have a feeling they will feel even worse tomorrow.

DVDs are convenient because they can literally be done at any time. I would never go running in my neighborhood at night, but it's 11 p.m. and I just finished my workout for the day.

P90X is different from other DVDs. Most of the time the instructor doesn't care about if you are able to keep up at home or not. Tony Horton is different. While there may be super ripped people on screen showing you the moves, he encourages you to focus on doing your personal best.


I don't know why, but I feel like this guy on my TV screen actually cares about whether I am able to do one more push up or bench press. It's really motivating and I like it.

I also like that the workout don't require any fancy equipment. As long as you have a yoga mat, a set of weights, and a chair, these workout are doable. 

I may not like them as much at the end of month 1, but I feel like P90X and I are going to be friend. And I'm going to look darn good in my wedding dress in May. 


No comments:

Post a Comment