Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Goals



2016 will mark my 4th year of running, and I have some big goals this year!

  1. Run as many Race 13.1 races as possible. I bought myself a season pass and my friend Morgan and I have a pact to fit in as many as possible! (We've already signed up for Wilmington).
  2. Run in at least one new state. Considering I've only ever run in Virginia and North Carolina, that shouldn't be hard. (South Carolina, Maryland, and Tennessee are on my radar).
  3. Finish an ultramarathon. I'm signed up for Holiday Lake 50K on February 13, so here goes nothing!
  4. Run at least 1000 miles. I signed up for the 2016 Gold Challenge to keep myself accountable. I've knocked out 10.5 miles and have some more on tap on my treadmill tonight. 
  5. Be more selective about races. My husband will appreciate this goal since it will mean I spend less this year ;) But really I'm aiming to be more strategic about the races I sign up for to get the most bang for my buck. This is one of the main reasons I purchased a race pass for Race 13.1 this year.
Other fitness related goals:
  1. Do some kind of fitness activity every day. So far I'm 3/3 (I'm not counting today yet since it's not over). Running, walking the dog, strength training, and even stretching count! Because I'm sure I'll need a few days of foam rolling after my 50K.
  2. Be better at meal planning. I'm so bad at planning out what I'm eating for the week and it usually ends in me eating one of the Easy Mac containers I have stashed in my desk. I've learned that spending an hour portioning out things and making all the lunches for the week is so worth it! I just need to actually commit to doing it. 
 On top of these, I'm also hoping to blog more (I know I say this all the time, but I'm going to try!)

Stay tuned for more 2016 adventures :) 

1 comment:

  1. Good goals. I think it would be interesting to see a post about how you eat for races. That would cover both the "meal planning" and "blog more" posts :).

    ReplyDelete