Monday, June 23, 2014

Surf's Up Vox Box

After my last VoxBox, I was convinced that it would be a while before I was chosen for another one. However, about 2 weeks ago I was sent a link with a survey to see if I qualified for any of the summer programs. I took it and didn't hear anything for a long time, so I kind of assumed I didn't get in to any of them. I was wrong! I got an email saying I was getting the Surf's Up VoxBox and I couldn't have been more excited!

Since my last box only had one product, I was excited to get something that represented more than one brand. At last, the box arrived!


Because there was so much going on, Influenster actually gave us a cheat sheet to keep all our social media needs straight.

Box contents:

  • CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara
  • First Aid Shot Therapy
  • Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion
  • Sinful Colors Nail Polish (in Ocean Side)
  • Voucher for a Jamba Juice at Home Smoothie Kit
Here's my reviews in the order I tried them!

Sinful Colors Polish



I want to start out by saying I would not have picked out this color for myself. I haven't painted my fingers blue since I was about 14. However, my toes still had on my purple polish from my wedding and it was starting to look rough, and I figured I could at least paint them for an Influenster picture. 

I loved how easy the color was to apply! It wasn't clumpy or thin, and it only needed one coat to be completely opaque. The color even grew on me after a couple of hours! For some stupid reason I keep forgetting to buy top coat whenever I go to the store, but the polish worked fine without it.

In reading other reviews, I have found that a lot of people found it hard to take off. I used the makeup remover I use for my waterproof mascara and it worked fine.

CoverGirl Bombshell Mascara



My favorite kind of makeup is mascara. I currently have 5 different kinds in my makeup bag. I was pleasantly surprised with how well this one worked! It's a two step process, meaning that the tube has two wands, each doing a different thing. 

The tube is really fat, so I found it hard to apply the first time. I got the hang of it, and was able to easily apply it the second time and my lashes turned out great! Definitely would consider buying in the future.

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion



This stuff smells amazing. It's like suncreen without the SPF. I'm seriously considering buying a large bottle just to smell like summer all year long.

Usefulness wise, it's also great! It's thin and goes on nicely without making you feel slimy or sticky like some lotions have the tendency to do. I am definitely taking this to the beach in a few weeks to keep my skin hydrated!

First Aid Shot Therapy



Today, I slammed my foot into a door frame pretty hard. I'm actually pretty sure that my pinky toe is broken. I really needed some medical tape to buddy tape my toes, but I had to wait for Zach to bring me some from work when he got home. I was going to take some ibuprofen for the swelling/pain, but then I remembered about this thing, so I gave it a shot.

It was half expecting the Berry flavor to be like that of a Five Hour Energy (which is disgusting). It wasn't quite that bad but it wasn't something I would describe as pleasant. However, it did work really quickly and within 15 minutes my toe stopped throbbing.

(It is not taped to it's neighbor if you're wondering.)

I don't think I would ever buy these, because I don't see the point when I could just pop a pill. Plus the taste isn't all that great.

Jamba Juice At-Home Smoothie Kit



I really love smoothies. In fact, I make my own every morning for breakfast when school is in session. The kit obviously couldn't contain the actual kit to make the smoothie since it was frozen, but it did contain one free item coupon, and one $1 off coupon. I went to my local Kroger and found that they had almost all the possible flavors!

I picked out three because I'm indecisive: Caribbean Passion, Green Fusion, and Orange Dream Machine. The only one I've tried as of writing this is the Caribbean Passion.

To make them, you mix the packet of frozen fruit and yogurt chunks with 8 oz of apple juice. Luckily, my blender has ounces measured right on the side so that made the juice measuring easy. Then, you just blend! The package says it makes 2 8oz smoothies but I just poured the whole thing into my tumbler and drank it. It was absolutely delicious!

The only thing that I didn't like was the price. If I was going to consider buying them in the future I'm not sure I would at almost $4 a piece. The whole point of making smoothies at home is that it should be cheaper. If I wanted a $4 smoothie, I could just go to the actual Jamba Juice on my college campus and have them make it for me.

After completing a list of tasks for these products, I am now the recipient of 3 brand new Influenster badges on my profile! They make me eligible for extra prizes and future programs!



I just got an email from BzzAgent saying I qualified for a product testing campaign over there too. So be on the lookout for more of my product reviews!


*All products in this post were received complementary from Influenster for testing purposes*

2 comments:

  1. So cool that you got selected for another Vox Box. I did the VS box and thought too that I wouldn't be selected for another one either. ( and I probably won't be because I can not do all the options to "unlock" the badge cus I don't have instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all the social media outlets so I earn my badges super quick!

      Delete