Thursday, June 5, 2014

Disney Fantasy Day 3: Playa Mia Cozumel!

Day 3 was our first day in a port, and my first time ever out of the country! The last time I took a cruise we docked in Nassau, but my family and I didn't get off, so I guess technically I had been in international waters, but that's not the same.

We met our excursion group and disembarked the ship. Disney is very organized with how they group people and get them off for their excursions, the whole process went through without a hitch.

When we got off we walked to an area where tour busses were parked and got on one headed to Playa Mia Water Park. Here's some pictures of the journey from ship to park:





The fee we played for our excursion included access to the water park (which was more toward little kids, but had a big water slide that I went down!), an open bar, an international buffet, access to watercraft such as paddleboats and catamarans, pool access, use of the beach, and use of a giant inflatable obstacle course thing that was floating in the ocean. The resort itself is beautiful!








The water was really clear, calm, and warm! I have a lifeproof case on my phone so Zach and I took turns filming things underwater (which gave us better pictures).

The videos are long and awkward because we spent half the time at the end trying to get the camera to turn off because it wouldn't recognize that our fingers were touching it since they were wet! But here are some of the shots we got:


We actually found a stingray!
All too soon it was time to go back to the ship. Cozumel was beautiful and the people were very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Playa Mia to anyone visiting.

When we got back to the ship I had my daily shower and nap, and I went alone to the show. Zach wanted to stay in the room and watch a movie. The show was okay, but I don't even remember what it was called so it obviously wasn't that spectacular.

Dinner was at Animator's Palate, my favorite of the restaurants. 









It's themed around Disney animation, and actually features a dinner show. Crush, the turtle from Finding Nemo comes around on the screens and talks to the humans in the "human tank". The show is completely interactive and adorable. There were a ton of kids celebrating birthdays so Crush had them all form a birthday club. Our table was in the middle and full of adults so we didn't get talked to, but it was fun to watch.

Now, for the food! 

Appetizer: Sliced Serrano Ham. I didn't really like this. It was super thin and dry and taste more like weird bacon than ham. Also I don't like olives so those stayed on the plate.



Soup/salad: Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup. Again, it was good but it didn't have any potato chunks in it. It was one of my favorite soups, though.



Main course: Pan Seared Red Snapper. It wasn't all that exciting, but it was a decently good piece of fish. The scallop on top was also really good.



Dessert: White Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake. Delicious! Also, beautiful. 


When we got back to the stateroom we had a wonderful surprise waiting for us! Props to our housekeeper, Gilbert for the surprise!


Next installment: Grand Cayman and Our Lack of Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment