Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Disney Fantasy Day 2: A Day at Sea

I loved our itinerary for the cruise because we had the first full day at sea. This gave us a chance to relax and just enjoy the ship and everything it had to enjoy (such as unlimited soft serve ice cream!)
Breakfast had bananas bigger than my hand!
For the most part, though, the day was pretty uneventful (which means this will be a short post! :)

After breakfast, we took some time to lay in the sun until after lunch. While we were laying out we got an announcement from the cruise directors saying they were about to play the Mickey horns, and to please turn on any cell phones if we wanted to record. They sound like this: (Blogger won't let me embed my video for some reason).

 They play 8 different tunes, and I'm pretty sure Disney is the only line with musical horns.

After lunch I made Zach wait in line with me to meet Stitch. He wasn't super excited about that, but at least he waited.


After lunch I accidentally took a 2 hour nap (I guess all the wedding excitement had caught up with me!)

The show that night was Aladdin: The Musical. It was probably my favorite show from the whole week. The magic carpet was played by a gymnast/acrobat in a carpet costume and was absolutely amazing!

Dinner was at Royal Court, my least favorite of the 3 restaurants on the ship. It's my least favorite because the food is primarily French cuisine and the atmosphere isn't all that welcoming. Don't get me wrong, the decor is beautiful, it's it's just not my style.




Appetizer: Iced Lobster & Shrimp. This wasn't the best dish but it also wasn't the worst. It was plated beautifully, though!


Soup/Salad: Potato and lentil soup. This was delicious, but the soup was really thin. There wasn't a single potato chunk in the soup. 



Main Course: Lobster macaroni. I did not like this at all, and I think that it was the truffle oil that was in the sauce. The noodles were also barely covered in liquid and were weird to eat. Another girl at the table also ordered it, and 

Dessert: This was probably one of my top dessert nights. I got the Sweet Temptations, which was a sampler of the three most popular desserts from the menu. Left to right are mango cheesecake, creme brulee, and peanut butter mousse. The creme brulee was amazing, and those of us who got it wished we had just gotten the big one! The cheesecake was also amazing.


Since we were in fancy clothes for formal night we had friends snap this picture as we left: 


Zach doesn't really do formal. Oh well, we are still cute.

Next installment: Cozumel!

No comments:

Post a Comment