Friday, February 28, 2014

Shamrock Hype

Shamrock Half weekend is approaching quickly, where I'm taking part in the Dolphin Challenge: 8K on Saturday and Half Marathon on Sunday.

It may sound a little crazy, but who wouldn't do it for these beauties?

And of course there are shirts...

Shirts for the Half and Full. No word on what the 8K shirts look like.

And where most races give you a hat at the finishing line with your medals, Shamrock gives you A BEACH TOWEL!

I have my green outfit all picked out, and in 2 weeks I'll be at packet pickup! I have one more long run planned for today or tomorrow (depending on how I feel after class. We had a rough trail run yesterday. And the weather, tomorrow is supposed to be much nicer).  Things are getting real!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! This is my 3rd year doing Shamrock, and this year I am doing the 8k and the full marathon. It's such a fun weekend (and let's be real, the race swag is the BEST)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited! Good luck on the Whale!

    ReplyDelete