Thursday, March 31, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge: March


3 months into the year already! I enjoyed reading a lot at the beginning of March, since I knew grad school was starting on the 21st (goodbye free time).

For this month I went with "a book you can finish in a day". This one is funny, because I actually finish most books in a day if I have enough time to sit down and read. So I dug into the never ending stack of "to-read" books and dug out one that had been living there for a good 2 or 3 years.


I went in completely blind to what it was about, and I think that was a good choice. I really don't want to ruin anything for anyone who might read it, but I wasn't expecting how dark it was. It's a really great portrayal of mental illness in a family, and how it can affect an entire family.

I will give my thoughts on what it was like to read a musical. Going in, I had only ever heard one song, "I'm Alive". I kept trying to read all the songs to that tune for some reason. Going back, I think I would have preferred finding the soundtrack on Spotify to listen to as I read.




Read the rest of the challenge:

No comments:

Post a Comment