Saturday, August 1, 2015

August 2015 Goals


I'm a firm believer in setting goals and letting people know about them to keep yourself accountable. So here's a quick list of my goals for the upcoming month regarding running.


  1. Hit a monthly mileage total of over 100. I got to 84.4 for July. I got 11 under my belt this morning so I'm off to a good start!
  2. Register for the Outer Banks Marathon. You can't say you're running 2 marathons this Fall if you aren't registered for the second on!
  3. Be more social. I did a lot of running with groups and other people this month and want to stick with it!
  4. Get into a good pre-run warmup routine. I went to a clinic this week that talked about how important is is to warm up before a run to prevent injury. A lot of the time I just start going, but I want to be sure I do at least something to warm up for my runs from now on.
  5. PR in a half marathon. My current best time is 2:23, but I feel like I'm much stronger now and am looking to set a new PR next weekend!
August Race Schedule 
August 8- Lynchburg Half Marathon
August 29- The Kennedy Mile

Lots of exciting adventures ahead!

1 comment: